Sound Sensor

Hi

This is my first time using these support forums so I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

I am creating a project that is basically like a baby monitor. The only difference is that instead of a babies cry that it is detecting I would like it to detect water flow in pipes (I am going to put it inside the swear cap in my house so that it can hear the water flowing through the swears in the street. Anyway, my main question is that is there a microphone that is powerful enough to do this? I have tried a few microphones (such as Microphone Sensor High Sensitivity Sound Detection Module for AVR Pic W for sale online | eBay and High Sensitive Sound Detection Module Voice Control Switch Microphone Sensor ARD for sale online | eBay).

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am going to put it inside the swear cap in my house so that it can hear the water flowing through the swears in the street.

I assume this is "sewer cap".

If the sensors listed don't work, you will need to engineer your own microphone and amplifier.

Weedpharma

I think you need a "contact microphone" (Google that).
A piezo disc glued to a flat part on the pipes.
Maybe you can hack the microphone preamps you already have.
Replace the electret capsule for a piezo disk.
Not sure if it will work.
Leo..

Thanks for the help. I think I figured it out. I took an old microphone out of some high end equipment I had lying around.