Sourcing MLX10407 ICs for driving Aircores

Where can I find these chips? I can find enough datasheets to wallpaper my house but can't find a supplier.

My newest project: The beginnings of my F-16 Falcon engine gauges http://anthonyscott.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v21/p920629136.jpg

Try this.. http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/Search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:PlainTextSearch|7215767|3|,Ny:True,Nea:True

Hi every one i m new here ...........

I need your help in driving Aircores through MLX10407, the problem is that MLX is not responding on data plz help me out. :~

the problem is that MLX is not responding on data plz help me out.

If you want a response, you’ll need to tell us a lot more about what you need, what “aircores” are etc etc…

thanks for your response.

Actually i want to drive two 360 and one 90 degree Aircores through MLX10407. Here i have attached the circuit diagram and code and MCU output snap.

Here the issue that MLX is not responding at any value of angle aur quadrant, Aircore is still quit

Now please provide me technical assist to solve this problem.

MLX10407 CKT.bmp (762 KB)

code.rtf (4.31 KB)

MCU Output.bmp (379 KB)

Actually i want to drive two 360 and one 90 degree Aircores through MLX10407. Here i have attached the circuit diagram and code and MCU output snap.

You still have not said what an aircore is.

Now please provide me technical assist to solve this problem.

Not until you answer all previously asked questions.

Its a car speed o meter gauge 0.1 mm dia of wire having 720 turns in each coil with 100 ohm resistance.

You can also see the picture of gauge that i have attached.

aircore.jpeg

What sort of code are you using to comminicate? as long as you follow what it says on the datasheet it should work, I know nothing of those devices but the datasheet says pretty clearly how to wire them you need to know what, and how to send the data to the ic

Hello every one, how are you, i need your help regarding mlx10407. I m facing problem in third quadrant.

The issue is that when i m driving mlx in first, seccond and forth quadrant its working well but when i select third quadrant it generates an error. For example for first quadrant value is 00, 01 for second, 10 for third and 11 for forth m14, m15 respectively, when i select 00 gauge pointer moves in first quadrant on respective data, after that for 01 pointer move in second quadrant and when we moves from second quadrant to third quadrant the mlx generates an error and stop working in that quadrant while when i jump from third to fourth quadrant its error state disappear and mlx start working again in fourth quadrant.

Kindly help me in this issue, how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

For anyone interested in using these, PM me. I have ALOT of experience using these things on both an Uno and a Due. The Due is tricky because if you intend to get good results, you need to feed the MLX 10407 +12V to get nice stiff and rapid needle response but as soon as you do that, the MLX can no longer see your signals so it requires a level converter.

I can help you get them setup properly. I can also help you get it setup using the built-in SPI library and hardware SPI controller on the due if that is something you are at all interested in. Especially given that the MLX 10407 chip is technically not SPI and even though it claims to be the MLX 10420 isn't either :(

HI

What is Uno & Due?

I just get 3 XLM10407. I use a pic 18F4680 with built in SPI and air core from Volkwagen 200hom.

I powered the chip with 12V and use SPI librairies from MiKroC "C"compiler. Nothing moves so far. But I am just begining.

I would be please to have some help. The circuit schematic from Melexis are not detailed. And we dont see what you call level converter.

Also I am looking for c code examples.

exetor - I sent a PM hoping you're still active on this board.

I've been working on using a Arduino to control a MLX10407 for a Jeep/VW project. The details are on the tdiclub forums here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=449442

I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire the 90* gauges. It seems like I can only get them to move 45*, not 90. Not sure if I'm supposed to use resistors to make a voltage divider or something like that.

Totally stuck on this, so any help or examples are appreciated.