Sourcing small diameter cable

For a while i've been using scavenged materials for some of my projects, specially the thin cables used to connect leds, small motors and sensors, but as my projects grow i start to run out of them, and i can't find a reliable source.

I tried the usual online places (aliexpres, DX, sparkfun...) and the electronics shops on my town and i can't find anything under 0,75mm (and making me pay more and feel bad for ruining their day), small lengths of servo cable or computer ribbons.

I was offered to cut open the ones with multiple small cables of weird colours but it would be a mess to use pink and 4 shades of grey for +5, blue, aquamarine and striped brown for ground, and some i can't even name for signal.

Does anyone know where to find 0,5 or 2,25 mm -ish plastic coated copper cable in the usual colours(red, yellow, black, blue...) ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=wire+wrapping+30awg

This is all solid, and a half of them are steel. (and those platings are damn hard to solder)

I mean the stranded kind, the solid cable will break if i use it for moving parts.

ampeyro:
I mean the stranded kind, the solid cable will break if i use it for moving parts.

I don't remember seeing that in the original specification.

Maybe you could try searching for "30awg flexible wire" on eBay

(or whatever it is you actually want...)

Wire of the size 7 / 0.2 is fine for wiring up.
That is 7 strands of 0.2mm diameter wire.
There is lots of choice here:-
http://www.rapidonline.com/FFSearchResults.aspx?query=wire&filterSearchScope=1

and the electronics shops on my town

As you have not filled in your location in your user profile we have no idea where you are.

stranded 30awg copper

Grumpy_Mike:
Wire of the size 7 / 0.2 is fine for wiring up.
That is 7 strands of 0.2mm diameter wire.
There is lots of choice here:-
http://www.rapidonline.com/FFSearchResults.aspx?query=wire&filterSearchScope=1

and the electronics shops on my town

As you have not filled in your location in your user profile we have no idea where you are.

Well, thanks.

Now let's see if i can get some shiped to spain at a decent price

If ribbon cable is of acceptable size, I'd recommend buying some ribbon cable and splitting it into the appropriate number of conductors. Even pre-made disk cables might be economical. I have a vast supply of ethernet cables that are also dissectable, depending on how particular you are about colors.

0.5mm is "24 gauge" in the weird US measurement system. Generic "hookup wire" tends to be bigger (22 or 20g), but ethernet is 24 to 26g, and 0.05in ribbon cable is 26 to 28g, high-density ribbon cable typically 30g.

Wire is depressingly expensive when bought in spools :frowning:

Hi, try

RS components, Spain.

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Well, thanks.

Now let's see if i can get some shiped to spain at a decent price
[/quote]

I am buying multi conductor cabel with 7/0.2 wires from Spain..........

Pelle

Hi

Sweden RS Components I believe.

Tom... :slight_smile: