SPAM button

I think it would be a good idea to have a button at the bottom of every Post to make it easier to report SPAM.

That could probably be associated with a sorting system at the other end so that SPAM reports are nor mixed up with other ReportToModerator issues. I suspect that would simplify things for the MODS.

Note I am NOT suggesting that a Post should be deleted as SPAM just because I report it as SPAM.

...R

+1

Maybe better to put the button in the 'Report to moderator' page and add a few more default actions like wrong forum, off topic etc.

Riva:
Maybe better to put the button in the 'Report to moderator' page and add a few more default actions like wrong forum, off topic etc.

I think the other options require more info than just clicking a button - certainly if I think a post is in the wrong place I always make a suggestion for the correct place. I hope that sometimes saves the Mods time.

By having the SPAM button visible under a Post it sends a message to everyone that spam is not wanted,

...R

• 1 here R2.

As for your reporting with suggestions.
I applaud you and everyone else who takes that small amount of extra time to make it easier with your method.

Bob.

+1

well the topic actually said that spammers can also post here isn't it ?

alex159753:
well the topic actually said that spammers can also post here isn't it ?

I don't understand? Seems a strange comment for a first Post.

Are you a future Spammer?

...R

A even better way would be to include a drop down list after Report to the moderator button is pressed, which would list options like wrong forum, wrong topic, unnecessary etc.

@RuskinF

Would be nice but don't hold your breath.

Most of the people that report are nice enough to give moderators a clue or two though and in very few words.

Bob.