Spark Core

Anyone here used a Spark Core? I see CPC have started to sell them.

Yes, I bought one. Found the IDE frustrating and the sketch uploading very lengthy & unreliable. I could debug/compile/upload a sketch to an Arduino literally ten times over in the time it took to do it once on the Spark Core. Aarrrrrrgh! The blue/green/whatever colour flashing! Why won't you just behave and upload my bloody sketch!?!

To be fair, this was in part, perhaps largely, due to the very poor internet connection I had at the time. I'm sure the IDE and the Spark Cloud have improved and matured since then, and I now have a significantly better internet connection (4G vs 3G) so I will have another go soon, as long as I can manage to "claim" my core again!

PaulRB:
Yes, I bought one. Found the IDE frustrating and the sketch uploading very lengthy & unreliable. I could debug/compile/upload a sketch to an Arduino literally ten times over in the time it took to do it once on the Spark Core. Aarrrrrrgh! The blue/green/whatever colour flashing! Why won’t you just behave and upload my bloody sketch!?!
Not a poor man’s mBed I hope. I only use the Arduino IDE to compile & upload and the Spark web site hinted at being able to upload over USB so hopefully they will do a stand alone Wiring IDE so the web is not needed to develop on.

To be fair, this was in part, perhaps largely, due to the very poor internet connection I had at the time. I’m sure the IDE and the Spark Cloud have improved and matured since then, and I now have a significantly better internet connection (4G vs 3G) so I will have another go soon, as long as I can manage to “claim” my core again!

I think I will read more before trying one out. I have a couple of projects it would be nice to re-program over wireless but don’t want to rely on web based development.