SparkFun Artemis - Not working ???

I recently got a SparkFun RedBoard Artemis, as it has way more capabilities than the original Uno, including built-in BLE and Qwiic.

In any event, I tried to move a board/prototype/shield that works fine on my Arduino, but it would not on the SparkFun ... I was able to download the same sketch but the contraption did not work.

I also checked in the supported hardware, and there is no entry for RedBoard Artemis.

Any hints?

PS: Unlike the many Made-In-China non-legit clones, Sparkfun is an authorized manufacturer of Arduino-compatible boards.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sparkfun.com%2Fproducts%2F15444&psig=AOvVaw29j4ovhrXliE7xzPzaklza&ust=1587439778238000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLCw2pKI9ugCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAH

jb63:
In any event, I tried to move a board/prototype/shield that works fine on my Arduino, but it would not on the SparkFun … I was able to download the same sketch but the contraption did not work.

What is the exact “board/prototype/shield” and sketch that you are using? That board is vastly different from an UNO, and runs at 3.3 volts instead of 5 volts, so it is not unexpected that a shield designed for an uno might not work.

Sparkfun has a dedicated Artemis forum; you might have better luck there.

There seems to be one significant difference on the power header; compare Arduino Uno or original RedBoard to the RedBoard Artemis. The IOref pin on the Artemis is 3.3 V, not 5V; if a shield has that pin connect to the 5V pin, there is a problem.

The SparkFun description claims their board is 100% compatibe with Arduino ... gotta have to read the small print :frowning:

My protoboard has a simple Small OLED display with some generic text on it. It's a "Lux-Meter" project in progress ... I got the sensor and display to work independently, but now need to have them co-habitate on the same proto-board ... as they both use I2C communications.

The components on the proto-board are:

• a TSL2561 Lux Sensor (from Adafruit)
  • a UCTRONICS 0.96 Inch OLED Module 12864 (from Arducam)

The SparkFun description claims their board is 100% compatibe with Arduino

Hmm. Their product page says:

The RedBoard Artemis is fully compatible with SparkFun's Arduino core

That's not the same as "100% compatible with an Arduino Uno." There are, in fact, many Arduino-manufactured boards that are not 100% compatible with an Uno.
Did you follow the instructions here: Artemis Development with Arduino - learn.sparkfun.com

Thank you, very useful information indeed.