Sparkfun MP3 Shield + µSD reader + Arduino Mega 2560

Hello everyone,

So I have an Arduino Mega 2560, and I want to use a Sparkfun MP3 shield with it.

Whenever I try to read the SD card that is plugged in, I get:

card.init failed SD errorCode: 0X1 SD errorData: 0XFF

I have tried 2 shield and 2 SD cards. I have also place jumpers between:

port 51 and 11 port 50 and 12 port 52 and 13

But those are to play the music I think.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now, maybe anyone here has an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Michidez

All of the sudden it decided to start working, weird.

This topic can get locked.

Michidez: All of the sudden it decided to start working, weird.

This topic can get locked.

Can you help me with setting up mine? I got lost trying to convert the diagram from the Uno to the Mega. Also I am WAY to inexperienced to understand how to convert the code.

ajdeployed12: Can you help me with setting up mine? I got lost trying to convert the diagram from the Uno to the Mega. Also I am WAY to inexperienced to understand how to convert the code.

I have found the best way to use a SD card on the Mega is to use the SPI pins starting at pin 50. Wire pin 50 to SD card SPI bus MISO pin(SD_DI), 51 to SPI bus MOSI pin(SD_DO), pin 52 to SPI bus clock pin(SD_SCK) and pin 53 to SPI bus selected pin(SD_SS, also referred to in code as CS or chipSelect). You have to change the code to reflect the CS pin change. Make sure this line ” const int chipSelect = 53;” is in the code before setup. This is what specifies the SD card select pin. All of the SD card code I have found so far will run with just changing the chip select to pin 53 for the Mega. Good Luck and have fun!