Sparkfun XBee Explorer USB

Hi all!

I am having a problem with the Explorer USB module from Sparkfun..

First of all I'm very confused about the pin out on the back. It's not the same as the XBee data sheet.. but I assume it's just a re-used board?

When I place the XBee radio in the Explorer (XBee pin 1 to Explorer header 1 etc, facing "upwards") the red light is on steady. I assume this is the Power light.. There's also a smaller green LED that says "pwr" next to it and this one flickers.

I've tried opening a 9600 serial connection from different softwares and sent the +++ to activate command mode but I get nothing back.. The only thing that happens is that whenever I send something to the Explorer, a small red LED flashes (longer for more data) so I assume the data is getting there at least..

I am using the XBee 2mW Series 2.5 Chip Antenna.

I think I got my other XBee to work with my Arduino.. but I have no way of telling until I can communicate with something! hehe :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jonathan.

I talked directly to Sparkfun and got this answer

"Your XBee explorer has a reversed silk screen. The XBee module should be oriented so that the end with angled edges faces away from the mini USB connector. Our silk screen design for that board did not match up with the boards we ordered. We will fix this problem as soon as possible. Your board should still function properly, you will just have to ignore the silk screen. If you look at the picture on our site, that is the correct silk screen. "

Not fun.. but it worked when I put it in reversed.