SPEAKING ARDUINO- LPC Chain

Hello, everyone, :slight_smile:
I’m writing on this forum because I’m currently working on a project: creating a diving computer (underwater device that indicates depth, water temperature etc…) but for blind people.

So I’m trying to make my arduino Uno talk. The aim of this is that once a button is pressed, it announces how deep we are.

My problem is the following: I can’t translate in advance what the arduino is going to say and convert it in advance into an LPC string and include it in the code.

Is there any other way than to use LPC strings? Or do you know how this conversion works?

Thank you!

There are sound chips that will do the sound for you all you have to do is select the message and enable it to speak it. Take a look at the Holtek BMZV0030, it probably will do what you want. They make a lot of different chips that may also do what you want. Be sure you understand the liability if you sell this product.

I can’t translate in advance what the arduino is going to say and convert it in advance into an LPC string and include it in the code.

Not sure I understand that. If you don’t know what it is going to say then how can it say anything, it is only a computer.

If you want to say a number then you can make it up from individual numbers zero to twenty, then thirty, forty and so in up to a hundred, then the word thousand and you can cobble up any number from those strings or samples.