Spec Sheet Reading - Am I Right?

Spec. Sheet: http://www.nteinc.com/relay_web/pdf/R74.pdf The specific chip from that sheet is R74?11D1?5

I can see that the trigger (coil) voltage is 5v.

It would seem that the contact max volt is 30v DC @1A, but I wasn't sure because it seemed to be on the wrong part of the sheet.

You are not reading it wrong.

pwillard: You are not reading it wrong.

Thanks. I was afraid that I had made some bad assumptions about their specs

(if they have tested it for a parameter at a certain voltage, it must be able to support at least that much)

It would seem to be a logical conclusion, but I'd rather not buy eight of these and find out they don't work like I wanted.

Hi penguin, but be careful: the datasheet says, that 1A at 30V DC is the maximum rating. So your assumption, that it is the current it could carry "at least" is not correct! In fact it says, that it will last the specified life, if you keep your load below this value.

Regards, Karl

They aren't very helpful in providing only one current/voltage rating - other manufacturers may have more information on their products (such as max voltage DC and AC, max current at several voltages, etc).

karls0: Hi penguin, but be careful: the datasheet says, that 1A at 30V DC is the maximum rating. So your assumption, that it is the current it could carry "at least" is not correct! In fact it says, that it will last the specified life, if you keep your load below this value.

Regards, Karl

Nevertheless, I'm only working with 2/3 of that, so I think I'm relatively safe.