Special Characters in Serial Monitor when using JeeLib?

I am currently using JeeLib loseSomeTime function to go with my Fingerprint scanner (FPS) library. However, when I use the loseSomeTime function with my FPS, I get weird special characters appearing in my Serial Monitor instead of my printlns. I get a special character AIpress finger instead of Please press finger in my monitor. Why is this?

#include "FPS_GT511C3.h"
#include "SoftwareSerial.h"
#include "JeeLib.h"

ISR(WDT_vect) { Sleepy::watchdogEvent(); }
// Hardware setup - FPS connected to:
//	  digital pin 4(arduino rx, fps tx)
//	  digital pin 5(arduino tx - 560ohm resistor - fps tx - 1000ohm resistor - ground)
//		this voltage divider brings the 5v tx line down to about 3.2v so we dont fry our fps

FPS_GT511C3 fps(4, 5);

void setup()
{
	Serial.begin(9600);
	delay(100);
	fps.Open();
	fps.SetLED(true);
}

void loop()
{

// Identify fingerprint test
	if (fps.IsPressFinger())
	{
		fps.CaptureFinger(false);
		int id = fps.Identify1_N();
		if (id <200)
		{
			Serial.print("Verified ID:");
			Serial.println(id);
		}
		else
		{
			Serial.println("Finger not found");
		}
	}
	else
	{
		Serial.println("Please press finger");
	}
	Sleepy::loseSomeTime(200);
}/code]

special character AIpress finger

What is one of those ? Do the other Serial.print()s work OK ?

Well, when I use the enrollment method. It seems to print fine. But for "Successful" , "Fingerprint not found in database", and "Please Press finger" they all get special characters in front of them. Now I won't be using Serial Monitor for my final product, and my product works fine without it. It just scares me that something in my code is off if its producing that. I'd like to fix it, regardless of using Serial monitor or not.

What I had done was changed all of my delays before to the loseSomeTime method, and while it works. It prints the special characters in the Serial. However, if I change it back to delay and keep all the rest of the code the same, it no longer prints special characters. Why is it that this method is creating weird characters when I am telling the monitor to print specific lines?

A bit late but maybe somebody needs it. You need to make sure the serial data is all written before doing sleep stuff.

Serial.flush();

For example:

if (DEBUG) {
  Serial.println("something to print");
  Serial.flush();
}
Sleepy::loseSomeTime(RETRY_PERIOD * 1000);