Speed alert radar addons: smiley-LED display and Flash. Programming help for UNO

I’ve volunteered to build an add-ons for our villages speed alert radar to slow down summer cottages visitors for speeding. Recommended speed limit is 30 km/h. Existing radar shows only numbers on white and red.
My idea was add LED smileys (R&G) traffic sign (70x70 cm) and camera (dummy for start) with LED flash.
As an old school electro-mechanical engineer HW and 3D fabrication is not an issue. Programming Arduino UNO is. I’ve been looking led-flash codes but putting everything together is a little steep steps with my programming skills.

Requirements are:
Two (from opto isolators) trigger inputs (normal & over speed) what will switch smileys (red or green LED’s) by 2 PWM outputs (I’ll probably use FemtoBuck or similar to drive Led’s).

3 pcs 3W LumiLeds flashing in intervals: 3 pcs, 2 pcs & 1 pc (from far to close) triggered (from 1 opto isolator), flash trigger delay (depends of the speeds of car) adjustable by potentiometer.
Driving LED’s by PWM outputs (FemtoBuck or similar CC drivers).

1 blinking LED (camera armed) ON all of the time.

Power supply: 30 W Solar cell charging 12 V 10 Ah SLA battery.

My long term goal is having it with a real camera with license plate detection and data logger.

That’s all folks!

You have my permission, but be sure you have a log of the calibration of your radar device. If it's like the devices around here, they are notoriously inaccurate.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
You have my permission, but be sure you have a log of the calibration of your radar device. If it's like the devices around here, they are notoriously inaccurate.

Paul

I'm taking readings from one of the displays 7-segments with an optocoupler. Don't wanna mess with radars MB.
Accuracy isn't an issue. I just want to make it simple (KISS approach) and reliable. Under 30/over 40 speed limits display is enough for me.

My coding is not going yet anywhere :frowning:

//peter