SPI Address?

Hello,

i am currently working with the ILI9341 touchscreen Display and have no idea where to read and wite using the SPI communication protocol.

The following is a link to the datasheet of the Touch controller.

1. Can you please, tell me where to read the X, Y coordinates? Should i use the SPI.transfer() to send a byte following what on table 6 and 7?

2. Moreover, am i right that the datasheet specifies that the touch controller's output is a 12 bit word like mentioned on Page 3, but also 8 bit like mentioned in Table 7?

3. The SPI Settings: What settings shoud i use for the speed? Page 3 suggest 125kHz, but wikipedia mentioned that SPI displays are "in MB" fast.

P.S: I only had Introduction to Mechatronic and i am familiar with the basic of electrotechnic. I would like to apologize for my lack of understanding.

Thanks

1. The SPI Settings: What settings shoud i use for the speed? Page 3 suggest 125kHz, but wikipedia mentioned that SPI displays are "in MB" fast.

The 125KHz is not the SPI speed but is the speed of the A/D conversion. The data sheet says it will work at any SPI frequency that is 2MHz or lower.

Should i use the SPI.transfer() to send a byte following what on table 6 and 7?

Basically yes, you send bytes and get them back with SPI. Note that when you send a byte with SPI.transfer() it returns the results of the last command you sent. From figure 24 it looks like there should be three bytes in the transfer.

I have not used this device so I can't give you chapter and verse on the code you need.

Despite the title the SPI bus does not use addresses.

1. Moreover, am i right that the datasheet specifies that the touch controller's output is a 12 bit word like mentioned on Page 3, but also 8 bit like mentioned in Table 7?

Yes the output can be specified to be either 12 bits or 8 bits. Which it is is specified by bit 3 in the controller byte.