SPI conflict with NRF2.4 radios

Is there a convenient way to stop the NRF2.4 radio from listening to the SPI bus until is is needed? I am using the maniacbug RF24 and RF24Network libraries and driver with an Adafruit RA8875 tft screen driver that also uses SPI and they are not playing nice together.

I'll have to pull each device off of the SPI bus while the other is being called but I never had to do this before with the NRF2.4 radios and the RF24(network) library.

When creating the radio instance:

RF24 radio(9,10);

can I just do this instead??:

int cePIN = 9; // set later as an output also
int csPIN = 10; // set later as an output also
RF24 radio(cePIN,csPIN);
pinMode(cePIN,OUTPUT);
pinMode(csnPIN,OUTPUT);
  cePIN(LOW); //*Radio Enabled* When I need to call the radio
  csnPIN(HIGH);
  cePIN(HIGH); //*Radio Disabled* When I need to call the tft screen
  csnPIN(LOW);

The CS (chip select) pin needs to be unique for each device on the bus. Only one device's CS pin should be LOW at any one time. The device who's CS pin is LOW is the one that is to be listening. You don't need to diddle with the other pin that the radio is using.

The CS pin for the tft driver/screen is pin 4. I'll give it a try.

Thank you.

It appears to be a bit more complicated than just pulling the CS low...

The NRF2.4 radio refuses to work with the RA8875 attached to the SPI bus (it doesn't even have to be powered!!!)

Does anyone have any good ideas?

The NRF2.4 radio refuses to work with the RA8875 attached to the SPI bus (it doesn't even have to be powered!!!)

Not all SPI devices work the same. There are different modes and different speeds. If one device sets the mode and speed in a way that conflicts with the other device, and you do not reset the SPI parameters before activating the second device, you will have problems. Perhaps that is the case here. Some libraries assume that only one device will be connected, and do not, therefore, set all the parameters correctly each time a method of the library is used.

CE is active high for the nRF-chip
The CSN-pin can be defined as INPUT when not used

Thanks... but I'm still stuck. The RA8875 tft driver board interferes with the NRF2.4 SPI communication bad enough that the radio does not init. The interference happens even if the tft is not powered.