SPI.h compilation errors / RFID reader

Hi all,

I would like to use a Velleman VMA211 RFID reader together with an Arduino system. As I want to upload RFID scan actions to an online server I thought it would be handy to use an Arduino WiFi Rev 2 board as it has onboard WiFi so I can connect to a local WiFi network and upload the RFID data.

Unfortunately after reading the tutorial at the Velleman and using the two header files from their website (SPI.h and PN532.h), I get errors in the header files. The RFID shield works (compiles) fine when selecting the Arduino Uno instead of the Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2 board.

I found out the microcontroller differs between both models:

"while the common UNO uses an ATmega328P, the Wifi Rev 2 uses a ATmega4809 which is quite a different chip. The SPI registers are different, so any code referring directly to ATmega328P SPI registers won't compile for ATmega4809." (source: ILI9341 sketch generates compile errors - adafruit industries)

I managed to get the RDIF shield working with my Uno, but I keep getting compiler errors in both header files when compiling for the Wifi version.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

I know that you posted this a while ago.

1. Can you please post your sketch using code tags.
  2. Please post the error messages that you get (use code tags)
  3. Please post the URLs (links) to the header files; if we look for them on the web, we might find the wrong ones.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.