SPI SD + RTC Clients

Hello,

I am using Controllino MAXI (Compatible to ATmega2560). I have attached a SPI, SD Shield to the header PIN’s. If I use RTC only, it works fine. If I use SD Card (32GB Micro SD) it works fine. If I try to use botth together it delievers wrong values for the real time (hour = 45 etc).
I learned that one need to switch between the SPI Clients using the SS PIN as output and disable the Client in case the other clients is used. But somehow the SD Client can not be disabled?

Any suggestion?

best regards

I learned that one need to switch between the SPI Clients using the SS PIN as output and disable the Client in case the other clients is used. But somehow the SD Client can not be disabled?

Buy another SD card reader. Many cheap Chinese SD card readers don't implement SPI correctly and don't put MISO tri-state if CS is pulled high.

I think you are right. This seems to be a hardware problem. I found an example in the internet how to modify the chip.
But I would prefer to buy a proper one.
Question: Can anybody suggest a proper SD Module hardware working as multiple sleeve?

regards

even the new SparkFun SD Card Shield is not working at all. Has anybody experience with SparkFun Level Shifiting microSD Breakout?

The Micro SD card shield should work as the MISO is not routed over the level converter.