SPI using only MISO and CLK signals

I intend to use a TFT display with XPT2046 touch controller and connect this TFT to my microcontroller using only MSIO and CLK SPI signals, wireing CSS to ground MOSI not connected. Does anybody knows if this would work well ? Thanks for replies...

Make the following connections between Arduino UNO and TFT Controller:
tft.png

UNO XPT2046 touch controller
SS/ CS/
MOSI DIN
MISO -----
SCK DCLK

tft.png

AntonioTesta:
I intend to use a TFT display with XPT2046 touch controller and connect this TFT to my microcontroller using only MSIO and CLK SPI signals, wireing CSS to ground MOSI not connected. Does anybody knows if this would work well ? Thanks for replies...

CS, should be allowed to change state. See your devices product and register data sheet, https://www.buydisplay.com/download/ic/XPT2046.pdf figure 12 for proper timing signals for device SPI operation.

GolamMostafa:
Make the following connections between Arduino UNO and TFT Controller:
tft.png

UNO XPT2046 touch controller
SS/ CS/
MOSI DIN
MISO -----
SCK DCLK

Thanks Golan. The XPT2046 is the only SPI device in my system. In this case, do you think is there any problem if I keep the CSS signal wired to ground ? I read somewere it can not be done since the falling edge of CS signal is used to syncronized something in the SPI devices...

Idahowalker:
CS, should be allowed to change state. See your devices product and register data sheet, https://www.buydisplay.com/download/ic/XPT2046.pdf figure 12 for proper timing signals for device SPI operation.

Thanks for reply Idahowalker... I think this issue is much more complex I was expecting... According to XPT2046 datasheet it needs a two-way communication and also it needs the CS signal...

AntonioTesta:
Thanks Golan. The XPT2046 is the only SPI device in my system. In this case, do you think is there any problem if I keep the CSS signal wired to ground ? I read somewere it can not be done since the falling edge of CS signal is used to syncronized something in the SPI devices...

Read the data sheets of the TFT controller carefully to see the role/purpose of the CS/-pin. First make a normal connection with the SS/-pin of UNO, make your display working and then play around with the CS/-pin.