SPI vs I2C display interface

I was reading about SPI and I2C and still it is not clear to me what is the maximum speed of both....
They mention that I2C is more complex and could be slower with more communicating devices.
What are the max industrial speeds of those protocols as of right now?

Would it be possible to drive large HD lcd/oled panel using them?

Thanks for tips

I2C is a low speed bus designed for transferring small amounts of data. Usually used by sensors and devices which don’t produce/need much data. I2C was designed to function bidirectionally over 2 wires and talk to many devices on the same bus (each has a unique 7-bit address). SPI is a higher speed interface which requires more wires and supports higher speed devices. Neither one is suitable for HD LCDs due to the amount of data required to drive them.

I2C - default speed 100Khz, ‘high’ speed 400Khz, newer devices support 1Mhz and 3.4Mhz
SPI - no default speed, typical devices support at least 4Mhz and up to 100Mhz. Inexpensive LCD displays can usually handle 20-40Mhz.

A 240x320 LCD with an SPI interface usually maxes out at about 30FPS update rate (~32Mhz SPI). A higher resolution LCD will obviously have more pixels and full frame updates will take longer.

Thanks a lot for reply ) I bought recently 854x480 display that supports SPI and parallel as well.
Based on ILI9806 - I am trying to get it working and refresh rates do not matter much it just needs to display some stats periodically and change the pages in UI