Splitting and shifting voltage using a batter and 5V from an arduino uno. Help!

I am trying to recreate the circuit on an Arduino online. It uses an op amp and resistors to divide and shift voltage. Using this circuit I shift and split an input voltage that goes from -5V to 5V and make it output in 0V to 5V (shifts 0V - 10V and then reduces by half). By using the input voltage and then connecting the 5V from the arduino to the circuit it shifts the voltage by 5 to make it 0V to 10V. Thus to test this on an arduino online before doing it physically I tried using a 1.5V battery with the 5V from the arduino which should shift it to 3.25V ((1.5V+5V)/2) but this does not work in the Tinkercad circuit. The voltmeter reads 5V instead of 3.25V as if it was not reading the 1.5V battery at all. I do not know what the problem is and how to make it work. Is my op amp connected properly? Are my resistors ok? The capacitor in the black circuit picture doesn’t make a difference on the voltage so that doesn’t matter. Please help!

Hi,
OPs circuits.

In the lower circuit, don't you have to connect power and gnd to the OpAmp?

Tom.. :slight_smile:

In addition to Tom's comment, it looks like you have pins 1 to 4 all shorted together and pins 5 to 8 shorted together. Usually on bread board the vertical (as shown in your image) columns of 6 holes are joined together. You should rotate the op amp 90 degrees and put it across the central horizontal divide.

PerryBebbington:
In addition to Tom's comment, it looks like you have pins 1 to 4 all shorted together and pins 5 to 8 shorted together. Usually on bread board the vertical (as shown in your image) columns of 6 holes are joined together. You should rotate the op amp 90 degrees and put it across the central horizontal divide.

Good catch... :slight_smile: