Spoofing fingerprint sensor

Hi,
I need to develop some device that can read real fingerprint as well as printed fingerprint, so a mechanism can be triggered either with the finger or the photo. Do you know which modules are week enough to be able to be used with an image? (if it's black n white, the better!)

Thanks!

What sensors have you allready considered?
What is your project about?
HOw does it involve Arduino?
Is your project legal? (In some countries it probably isn't)

Well, I just bought GT-511C1R

Browsing Fingerprint Scanner Hookup Guide - learn.sparkfun.com, section Hand Drawn “Fingerprint" I found pretty much what I was looking for. It's just a game that simulates a biometric device but doesn't actually secure anything so there's no legal implications around it. Thanks anyway.

I was thinking however, that it might be useful that there was documentation abount which module has been proven to be spoofed and how. That way people can better choose which device to buy by understanding security issues that may encounter in each device.

migralito:
but doesn't actually secure anything so there's no legal implications around it. Thanks anyway.

In some countries - notably the USA - just talking about thinking about how one could possibly circumvent already proven broken security measures may have you land in jail.

Luckily other parts of the world are not so paranoid and simply say "well, the manufacturers just have to build something that's actually secure", as indeed it should be.

For your finger print scanner: from what I've heard about the things it may be harder to find one that's not so easily fooled, than one that is (part of the security of the things is of course that it's not that easy to get a good quality copy of the fingerprints of a random person).