Square website communicating with arduino

Is there a way that I can send communications from my square website to my arduino board?

My goal is, when my square website receives an order payment it will then communicate with my arduino board to unlock a door?

Any ideas?

Of course but i would use an ESP , depends where your website is hosted, if locally then it is easy if not locally check out this

What do you mean by "square website"?

Is this a website which you have created yourself?

Is the website hosted on a PC (including RPi) to which you can connect your Arduino using a USB cable? If not then the suggestion to use an ESP8266 or ESP32 is a good one.

...R

What i meant by "a square website" is a website that is connected to the squareup mobile payment software. (Their website is here: https://squareup.com/us/en)

Square has an open API, I just do not know if it is possible to communicate my online store with my arduino?

trobs3:
Square has an open API, I just do not know if it is possible to communicate my online store with my arduino?

Unless someone here is familiar with the Square API you are unlikely to get an answer to that question.

You have not told us how you plan to communicate between your Arduino and the internet. Will you be using an Ethernet Shield? Or WiFi? If you are using WiFi then an ESP8266 or an ESP32 might be a good option

In general you can write a simple web client program on an Arduino or ESP, but whether that would have sufficient capability to communicate with the API is another matter. There is also the question of maintaining adequate security when communicating with a payments website.

A Raspberry PI might be a better option?

...R