ssd1306 troubleshooting

Hi, I installed ssd1306 library and some others similar, but when I compiled there is nothing on the screen. The only library that works is the ACROBOTIC. Why ?

Welcome to the Forum.

I see that you registered today, and posted 18 minutes later. Please take some time to read the Forum Posting advice i.e. the sticky messages at the top of each Forum.

For "Displays" even more than any other hardware: please post a link to the actual display that you have bought e.g. Ebay sale page.

In general, it is wise to quote which libraries are used.

For any library installed by the IDE Library Manager you can just quote the name (and version) For any other library post a link.

"ssd1306" might mean anything. "ACROBOTIC" I have never heard of.

It takes you a few seconds to copy-paste a link. We then know exactly what hardware and software you have. And it saves a load of questions back and forth.

David.

Thanks for your advices. Right, I didn't precise things : I used : Esp32 Wroom Oled display 128*64 Adafruit ssd1306 2.4.3 library ACROBOT ssd1306 library

But finally I found the why nothing happened. I just had to precise the pin number in the display function like this : SSD1306 display(0x3c, 21, 22);

Sorry

I have deduced that you have a SSD1306 I2C OLED. But a link to the actual display means that I don't have to guess.

GPIO21, GPIO22 are the regular I2C pins on an ESP32. So Adafruit_SSD1306 should work with:

Adafruit_SSD1306 display(128, 64, &Wire);
    display.begin(SSD1306_SWITCHCAPVCC, 0x3C)

I presume that you meant ACROBOT constructor should be:

SSD1306 display(0x3c, 21, 22);

Sorry to be so finicky. But accurate information means you get accurate replies.

David.