Standalone Arduino board to send data to server

I played with Arduino a couple of years back and sadly stopped due to time constraints.

Just want to know if/how one can have your board upload data to a server, but not via ethernet or wifi. Completely standalone.

In order to send data, some medium is required, either wired or wireless. It would seem that you rule out both, so I guess the power of prayer is your last remaining option.

Nick_Pyner:
In order to send data, some medium is required, either wired or wireless. It would seem that you rule out both, so I guess the power of prayer is your last remaining option.

I prayed to my one hand, while my other hand googled.
Arduino Official Store | Boards Shields Kits Accessories — Arduino Online Shop ... or am I wrong?

I realized I might have caused a misunderstanding with my original question. I meant that this device must be upload data to my api when no ethernet or wifi connection is available like one got at home, since I'll be using it in the field most the time. Just have it there, collect data via some sensors (location, thus gps, etc)

krokonoster:
Arduino Official Store | Boards Shields Kits Accessories — Arduino Online Shop ... or am I wrong?

No. It's an option that beats the hell out of praying - even if you do it with both hands.

I was not aware of that particular board. There is a common one for about half the price on eBay. It also allows you to use hardware serial. It is a bit of a power hog, but I imagine they all are. There has been plenty of discussion about sending SMS on this forum.