standalone arduino on DMX driver not working

Hello,

I’m working on a project to control some DMX fixtures and some 433MHz rc switches right now. The DMX works with 24V+ (as a one) and 0V (as a zero). I created a circuit which amplifies the 5V coming from an digital output pin of the arduino/ATMega to the needed amounts of voltage. Sadly, the ATMega in the circuit does’nt really work and I can’t see why. I added some debug-LEDs (LED1 and LED3) in case something like that happens. But I’m not able to control these. I simply changed the Blink example file to work with my debug-LED pins, uploaded it to my beloved Arduino Duemilanove, removed the ATMega 168 from it and put it into my board. Nothing happened. Maybe one of you guys can see my error. That would be awesome.

Thank you.

EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT USE THE CIRCUIT. R6 GETS WAY TO HOT AND WILL PROBABLY BURN.
I’m going to replace the 7805 by a DC/DC-converter and remove R6.

Maybe somebody could remove the attached files.

Can you confirm +5V is 5 volts, there are no shorts (these can be minute/non visible, use an ohmmeter from pad to pad), you might want to add a 100nf capacitor on the i/p of the 5 volt regulator, there isn't a constant reset, the crystal is indeed making the onboard oscillator work.

Yes +5V ist 5V (or 4.9V maybe). Still no clue :(

SOLVED :)

The crystal was accidently shorted to GND.

Thanks