Standalone arduino

Hey, I added the board: "8 MHz internal clock" as it described in the following tutorial: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard And i found out that i cant burn it with my arduino uno. How can i burn my atmega328 to work without the uno board and without external clock? i want the chip to standalone. There is a tutorial for standalone but they use other things to burn the chip and they use the external clock, how can i burn it with my arduino uno board and not use external clock? Thank you for you help.

(deleted)

spycatcher2k: If a chip has been set to use an external Osc. then you need to wire one up, even to re-program the fuses to 'unset' this.

i didnt understand what i need to do, i understood i need to connect external crystal (got on the arduino board) but how i re-program the fuses?

(deleted)

MyNick:

spycatcher2k: but how i re-program the fuses?

That happens in the course of loading a new bootloader.

...R

spycatcher2k: Search for Arduino as ISP

I got few questions about it. first of all, do i need to have external clock in my chip to burn it? in the examples they have one second, i saw they burn bootloader when the option arduino as isp is on, does it burn the bootloader for the chip in the arduino board or for the chip in the standalone chip? does the "8mhz with internal clock" require another bootloader or the one as the uno is good enough?

@MyNick, I don't plan to comment in detail on your questions because I am a little confused by them and I don't want to make matters worse.

The best advice I can give is to follow the instructions in the ArduinoToBreadboard page.

However, if the Atmega 328 that you want to use with the internal 8 MHz clock was previously programmed to work with an external oscillator you will need to provide an oscillator for the bootloading process even though you don't plan to use the external oscillator after the bootloading is complete.

And, as far as I know, it doesn't matter what frequency the temporary external oscillator provides - I think a very slow (kHz) clock signal is sufficient.

...R