Standalone camera with storage.

Is there a "stand alone" camera (that has a built in SD card) that can be triggered by an Arduino?

I am hoping to find something that I can be tied to a digital pin and when the pin goes HIGH will take and store a picture on a SD card for later.

Thanks.

Have you investigated "trail cameras"?

Paul

Yes: but they have PIRs, are large, and have lots of other features I do not want. All I want is a self contained camera that can take a pic on demand from a Uno and save it to its own SD card.

SamBrownADK: Yes: but they have PIRs, are large, and have lots of other features I do not want. All I want is a self contained camera that can take a pic on demand from a Uno and save it to its own SD card.

Well then your camera will take several AA cells and will be quite large.

Paul

Many cameras have a remote trigger, either wired or a wireless IR remote. If you get one of these, it will be fairly simple (especially if it has a wired trigger) to accomplish your project.

Drone cameras have been hacked (just used, actually) for exactly that purpose. Example

cheapest option I have found is $5 swap meet cameras and push the button with a servo

If you can be bothered to buy the correct connectors, a GoPro can be used.

SLR cameras such as Canon and Pentax use readily-available 2.5mm stereo plugs.

How about a dashcam?

They automatically turn on when it gets power on its mini USB connector.

I have a G1W that was removed from my mother's car which now has a Yi dash cam. I have been toying with the idea of connecting it via a long USB cable to a wifi-controlled electrical outlet.