standard VGA 15-pin din -TO- composite video

Is there an IC or module that will convert the VGA adapter to a composite video (RCA type jack)?

No. It's no really trivial to do that.

You can find rather cheap boxes on eBay that does that. They contain quite a bit of circuitry and software to do the job.

// Per.