standardfirmataWiFi configuration

Hi, I want to use an arduino uno with esp8266 i12 wihi shield with windows remote arduino experience desktop app connected trough wifi on tp-link router network, but I can't compile the "standardfirmataWiFi" example sketch from the examples of the arduino IDE. Can somebody help with the configuration and use of the firmata wifi? thx

post code and details of the errors you are getting

This is the error:

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Firmata\examples\StandardFirmataWiFi\StandardFirmataWiFi.ino:97:0:

wifiConfig.h:194: error: #error "you must define a wifi device type in wifiConfig.h."

error "you must define a wifi device type in wifiConfig.h."

^

exit status 1

error "you must define a wifi device type in wifiConfig.h."

on line 194 of the sketch is highlighted:

193 #ifndef WIFI_LIB_INCLUDED 194 #error "you must define a wifi device type in wifiConfig.h." 195 #endif

you must define a wifi device type in wifiConfig.h

So, after being told 4 times, why didn't you?

Where do I have to define it in the code? i don't see where must be defined and how. thx

Where do I have to define it in the code?

Is the where part not obvious?

you must define a wifi device type in [u]wifiConfig.h[/u]

As to how? Who knows. Only YOU have this file.

Are you using the ESP8266 as a WiFi modem accepting AT commands? Did you read through the setup procedure documented in the extensive comments in the example program?

It looks like the supported WiFi options are Arduino MKR1000 (Option A), Arduino WiFi101 Shield with compatible Arduino board (Also Option A), Original Arduino WiFi Shield with compatible Arduino board (Option B), ESP8266 board programed with the example via the Arduino IDE (Option C).

So, the Arduino w/ ESP8266 (AT Commands) combination doesn’t seem to be supported. Perhaps the example code could be modified to do so.

PaulS: Is the where part not obvious? As to how? Who knows. Only YOU have this file.

where in the wifiConfig.h file must be defined and how?

BorislavLukanov: where in the wifiConfig.h file must be defined and how?

You still haven't shown us your wifiConfig.h file or provided a link to where we can see it.

So, the answers to your questions are "somewhere" and "using a text editor".

I've never configured a wifi shield even to use with windows remote arduino app how to configure it to be used with this app?

this is the wifiConfig.h file:

is an .h file …

there are no changes on it, like from the example
I need to connect in some way the arduiino trough wifi shield to the cayenne or the arduino remote experience app …

wifiConfig.h (8.81 KB)

The instructions in the wifiConfig file could hardly be any clearer. Open the file in a text editor. Determine which option you want to use, based on the hardware that you actually have.

To use that library, you must have one of the following: 1) Arduino MKR1000 2) Arduino WiFi Shield 101 3) Older Arduino WiFi Shield 4) An ESP8266

If you have something else, you can't use that file/library.

Reply #6, pretty much.

gfvalvo: Reply #6, pretty much.

But, apparently OP didn't read that reply.

this is the shield I'm trying to use: http://www.icstation.com/images/big/products/6990_4666.jpg

is an esp8266modh on a shield if I’m not wrong

Sometimes, a picture is worth 1000 words. In this case, the picture is worthless. A link to the manufacturer’s site, or to some retailer that knows something about the shield will be required.