star motor programming

I wanted a programming code for a star motor with 5 electromagnetic pistons and 5 relays please help me

Don't you think some details on the motors themselves, the msupporting hardware, the controller you want to use and what you want them to do would be useful?

Sounds like funny idea - you do not need a uC to get this running, you can simply build a rotating magnetic field with relais, capacitors and switches :slight_smile:

What is a "star motor"? Can you post a picture?

A Google image search for "star motor" doesn't show anything that looks like it would be controlled with an Arduino.

Here you see a star motor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3fFdusbqtM relace the pistons by coils, maybe add a retraction spring to each piston, and let the electric field run in circles ... :slight_smile:

zwieblum:
Here you see a star motor: Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Replica - Einbau neuer Motor - YouTube relace the pistons by coils, maybe add a retraction spring to each piston, and let the electric field run in circles ... :slight_smile:

Looks more like a radial aircraft engine. A star motor is a rocket motor to send something to a star.

Paul

PS. Several home shop machinists have built such a device as the OP wants. I wonder if he has all the machine work done?

"star motor " is what you get when you translate word by word the german "Sternmotor" to engish :slight_smile: ... where it is "radial engine" but that could (with a bit of fantasy) be translated to "Umlaufmotor" which would be translated back to "rotary engine" which .... well, just let google translate :slight_smile:

view this Fizemos o MOTOR ESTRELA ELETROMAGN√ČTICO! - YouTube

zwieblum:
"star motor " is what you get when you translate word by word the german "Sternmotor" to engish :slight_smile: ... where it is "radial engine" but that could (with a bit of fantasy) be translated to "Umlaufmotor" which would be translated back to "rotary engine" which .... well, just let google translate :slight_smile:

Don't confuse rotary engines with radial engines. Far, far different animals.

Paul

@Miaku
DO NOT CROSS POST.
Other thread DELETED.

Now please go read the sticky posts.

Bob.

Miaku:
view this Fizemos o MOTOR ESTRELA ELETROMAGN√ČTICO! - YouTube

A 21-minute video in a language I don't speak? No thanks.

Miaku:
I wanted a programming code for a star motor with 5 electromagnetic pistons and 5 relays please help me

A schematic showing how you have all the parts connected is necessary for any code for the machine.

Paul

The problem is: the TO does have neither code nor hardware, but wants sombody to build him the tingy :o

The programming starts about 15:45 in the video. Just type it in. All it does is pulse each output pin low for 50 milliseconds in turn.

50 ms pulses and relays doesn't sound like a good combination, but then the OP didn't tell how exactly they intend to use the relays to begin with.

I may assume those mysterious pistons are designed to deal with such short pulses.

wvmarle:
50 ms pulses and relays doesn't sound like a good combination, but then the OP didn't tell how exactly they intend to use the relays to begin with.

I may assume those mysterious pistons are designed to deal with such short pulses.

The video is from a YouTube channel from Brazil. In it the presenter makes a five-"cylinder" radial engine mostly out of wood and driven with five solenoids. The solenoids are driven through relays and the timing is demonstrated with compact fluorescent bulbs, leading me to believe that they are running off house current (or Mains current as they say in England).
The English translation of the website says that it took "months of work" to get it working.

If the OP is still watching the forum, he can find the January-February 2003 issue of The Home Shop Machinist magazine and the next 2 issues. There he can find the complete plans and instruction to build a 3 cylinder electric motor. I am sure the plans can be scaled up to 5 cylinders. there is not need for an Arduino in these plans.

Paul