starting with Arduino

Hello,

I am new with Arduino, just getting started and would need some suggestions. So my plan is to buy two boards. First one my plan is to use it for some basic project demo showcases like playing with led diode, running some small controllers or turning light on... Second board I would like to use in projects in communication with IP router to run remotely some equipments like lamp, for instances.

Can you suggest me what kind of boards I would need in both cases.

Thank you.

Br, Petar.

That's pretty vague. I don't see any project specifications or design criteria. Are we supposed to just guess ? Please present more detail. (some controllers is too vague. Which controllers ?) Turning a light on ? (what kind of light ? voltage/current? distance from arduino ? Is it wirelessly or with a cable ?

projects in communication with IP router to run remotely some equipments like lamp, for instances.

What interface (Ethernet, GSM ) ? Flesh out the details before you ask these questions. Most of what you describe could be done with an UNO but without more details we don't know if you are going to need the THREE extra SERIAL PORTS that are built into the Mega2560. More than likely ONE of the TWO bds could /should be an UNO.

Just buy one board, the Arduino UNO is enough for both task. If you want to play with IP and stuff like that, buy the Ethernet shield or the wifi shield.

An UNO and Ethernet shield like below should get you started with your projects.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Ethernet-Shield-W5100-For-Arduino-Main-Board-2009-UNO-ATMega328-1280-MEGA2560-/261425719620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cde2fe944

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Version-Board-ATmega328P-UNO-R3-ATmega16U2-Free-USB-Cable-for-Arduino-TE-/121278847597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c3cc85a6d

Hello,

thank you all for response.

@raschemmel, you are right...my description is to vague.Since basically it is school demo case, for beggining my idea would be to do project in next way:

1. As a input I would like to use motion detector sensor
  2. use UNO as receive input from sensor and as output to run 12V DC small engine based on how many motions will be in period of, for example 1 minute (I have to define frequency in UNO )

Next project I would like to use in commbination with IP router but would leave this as second step:)

@zoomkat, thx for suggestion, I have already purchase it.

Br, Petar.