starting with my first project

hello friends, I have to make a project for my work, I saw in a YouTube video (Here the Video) a similar project that I have to do, the video project is made with Raspberry and I want to replicate it with arduino,
I just want to make some arms work through some pressure sensor making the arms move in a direction first and ending their journey back to the starting point, I have done small projects with lights and that with arduino, but this project Complicates a little more, waiting for your comments and help I say goodbye.
Thank you.

mstrgabo:
a similar project that I have to do,

The devil is in the detail.

Post a diagram of the machine that you want to make showing where the pressure sensors and other key parts will need to be located.

Also let us know the size of the machine and the forces that are needed.

…R

here the project diagram.
Thanks for the help.

OPs image
18e58b0aa6bd3ae50c70fe7732dde2bd8dc2293b.jpg

@mstrgabo, in this case I was not looking for a wiring diagram. I would like to see a diagram of the physical machine so I can visualize what you are trying to make. A photo of a simple pencil drawing will be fine.

...R
Simple Image Guide

Robin2:
The devil is in the detail.

...and the salvation

I hope you understand my sketch of the project

Thanks for the diagram.

It looks like the FSRs are under the "table" and detect downward pressure. Is that correct?

Now that you have posted a diagram can you describe the sequence of events that you want to happen with reference to the diagram.

...R

Hi,

I hope there is a check made by the software before executing the charge function to make sure the drone has not landed back to front.

Tom... :slight_smile:

I imagine that back to front could be handled with a diode bridge on the drone.
I also imagine that landing 90 degrees off would lead to a short.

vinceherman:
I imagine that back to front could be handled with a diode bridge on the drone.
I also imagine that landing 90 degrees off would lead to a short.

Yup, that would work, however if the charger needed to measure float terminal voltage that would block that measurement.

I wouldn't go to the complexity of load cells, just 4 touch-plates with micro switches under them, then put a magnet on one of the drones legs so it corresponded with a hall effect device in one pad, to indicate proper polarity alignment.

Tom... :slight_smile:

The original video uses in total four contacts so there would be two correct alignments possible (or make your charger even smarter - add an H-bridge and you can charge in any alignment, just need to be able to detect how the drone has landed).

Robin2:
Thanks for the diagram.

It looks like the FSRs are under the "table" and detect downward pressure. Is that correct?

Now that you have posted a diagram can you describe the sequence of events that you want to happen with reference to the diagram.

...R

@Robin2
effectively, the FSRs go under the platform and detect the weight of the drone, and the work sequence will be as follows: 1- the drone lands on the surface
2 the "longer arm" moves by positioning the drone to one side
3 the short "arm" moves to position the drone in its final position
4 both "arms" return to their starting point.
the idea is that this sequence is repeated every time the drone is poached on the surface

mstrgabo:
every time the drone is poached on the surface

As in “poached egg” or “poached salmon” ? :slight_smile:

Anyway, you have provided a clear description of what you want.

What parts of the project are you able to do?
What part do you need help with?

…R

Robin2:
As in “poached egg” or “poached salmon” ? :slight_smile:

Anyway, you have provided a clear description of what you want.

What parts of the project are you able to do?
What part do you need help with?

…R

the only thing that complicates me is to do the arduino programming for that process.

why that much make a capacity touch sensor when the sensor is high activate the motor and turn on the charging one and when the charging completes deactivate the motor and done

i think so u must calculate the time taken for it to charge then deactivate motor after so and so time thats it

mstrgabo:
the only thing that complicates me is to do the arduino programming for that process.

That sounds as if you just want someone to write the code for you. If so, then you should ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the Forum and be prepared to pay.

However it is not even that simple, because the program cannot do anything useful without connecting in some way to suitable hardware and, as far as I can see, you have not figured that out either.

My best guess is that this project is well beyond your present capability and you need to spend time learning stuff so that you extend your knowledge in all the relevant areas.

...R