Steam Project inquiries

Helo, for this year of the science fair project my team and I were working on an Arduino based mechanism. Our final goal is to achieve a circuit that activates a heating pad via a trigger mechanism sent by a temperature sensor. Nevertheless, we are having a hard time figuring out how to code a sequence that activates the heating pad after a certain temperature is reached. Any ideas? Thank you.

Please post the program that represents your best attempt and tell us in detail what it actually does and what you want it to do that is different. It will make it much easier to focus on the parts you need help with rather than wasting time on things that you can do.

Also provide links to datasheets of all equipment attached to the Arduino and a wiring diagram

...R

I suspect from your post that you have yet to learn the basics of using an Arduino. Assuming you have not already done so, get an Arduino, any Arduino, and work through the examples in the IDE, on this web site and elsewhere. Once you understand those you will be a lot closer to your goal. Also searching this web site for examples of what other people have done can help. Come back and ask specific questions if you get stuck and please read 'how to use this forum - please read'.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom.... :slight_smile:

So something like:

Read temperature
if (temperature <= a certain temperature)
activate heating pad
else
do something else or maybe nothing

When you said “reached” did you mean on the way down (i.e. is less than or equal to)? You have to be specific when you’re designing programs.

So what problems are you having coding that (and where does the Steam come in)?

Steve

once you work through the examples in the IDE, the solution's should present itself.

Get yourself a basic Arduino beginners kit and as noted above work through the tutorials - if you already have the hardware work through some tutorials - you can find them here I think - or Sparkfun will let you download the tutorial for their SIK - Sparkfun Inventors Kit - if my memory your solution is about half way through the tutorial -