Step up buck converter for uno

Hi All,

Just curious if any of you know of a buck boost converter for use with the uno. I am currently generating a 5VDC signal from a digital i/o pin, and would like to step up this voltage to around 10VDC. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

A pin cannot drive a boost converter. Instead, use a transistor (bipolar or MOSFET) to switch a higher voltage.

Tell us more about your project.

Shoeboxer:
Hi All,

Just curious if any of you know of a buck boost converter for use with the uno. I am currently generating a 5VDC signal from a digital i/o pin, and would like to step up this voltage to around 10VDC. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Not a reason to use a buck/boost converter. Use a transistor or mosfet to switch the 10 volt DC and make it a copy of your Arduino signal. And you will HAVE to have a voltage source that is greater than 10 volts for the transistor switch. No magic!

Paul

Thanks for such quick replies! I am specifically trying to use the output of the uno to power a peltier. My current plan was to convert the PWM to a DC potential using an op-amp. Please correct me if this is wrong. Based on your input, I think I could probably use a MOSFET and the input voltage to power the uno, to generate the desired potential.

In the future I would also like to be able to vary the power sent to the peltier based on what is also detected by the uno.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Depending on just which Peltier you have, the current could be 4-5 amperes.

Paul

That is a popular project. Google “arduino peltier” to find tutorials, but be sure to avoid Instructables.