}

if (val == "down") 
  {
stepperY.setSpeed(500);
     stepperY.moveTo(stepperY.currentPosition()+1000);
     stepperY.run();
     //val="";

}

im trying to make the stepper move CW or CCW by adding + or - but stepper moves CW earther way?

I tryed set current position to 0...

Post the complete program.

…R

Here it is

sketch_sep10a.ino (16.2 KB)

If you are unsure how to control your motor start learning with a short program that has 10 or 20 lines of code. That way it is much easier to help you.

The program you posted in Reply #2 seems to be very similar to the program in your other Thread which I said was a pretty crap program

...R Stepper Motor Basics Simple Stepper Code

Rebelstudios: ```   if (val == "up")   { stepperY.setSpeed(500);     stepperY.moveTo(stepperY.currentPosition()-1000);     stepperY.run();     //val="";    
  }

if (val == "down")   { stepperY.setSpeed(500);     stepperY.moveTo(stepperY.currentPosition()+1000);     stepperY.run();     //val="";    
  }

im trying to make the stepper move CW or CCW by adding + or - but stepper moves CW earther way?

I tryed set current position to 0...

What stepper motor are you using? The 28BYJ-48 needs to have 2 wires reversed in order to turn both directions. At least mine did.

its a Nema 17 : 4 wires : used with a easydriver : DRV8825

Is it possible just to set the dir pin high or low when (val == "up")

Rebelstudios: its a Nema 17 : 4 wires : used with a easydriver : DRV8825

A Sparkfun Easydriver does not use a DRV8825.

Is it possible just to set the dir pin high or low when (val == "up")

Yes.

...R

Cool...

Hey thanks for all your info sofar

@

i read your posts about making a sketch from zero and the bleutooth post. and i was planning to make a sketch myself but its to much that i need to learn all at ones. i have codes (i understand) but to make them bleutooth is learning about strings and ints and vals, states.

This sketch is almost perfect and i know its not imposible to add just this one more function to it.

here's a video where i explain the problem, and where you can see what works fine

https://youtu.be/wWdEnMk7ytE

if (val == "up") { stepperY.setSpeed(500); digitalWrite(dirY, LOW);

stepperY.run();
     //val="";

}

if (val == "down") 
  {
stepperY.setSpeed(500);
     digitalWrite(dirY, HIGH);

stepperY.run();
     //val="";

}

result in the same movement

Problem solved

if (val == "up") { stepperY.setSpeed(2500);

stepperY.moveTo(stepperY.currentPosition()+1000);

stepperY.runSpeedToPosition();

}

if (val == "down") { stepperY.setSpeed(2500);

stepperY.moveTo(stepperY.currentPosition()-1000); stepperY.runSpeedToPosition();

}

if (val == "left") { stepperX.setSpeed(2500); stepperX.moveTo(stepperX.currentPosition()+1000);

stepperX.runSpeedToPosition();

}

if (val == "right") { stepperX.setSpeed(2500);

stepperX.moveTo(stepperX.currentPosition()-1000); stepperX.runSpeedToPosition();

}