Stepper motor beeeeeping problem with marlin firmware pls help me.........

I’m having an issue with stepper motor i am using this motor see attachment…
motor keeps beeeeeeeeping noise when using with proterface pls watch the video for full clear detail and pls help me /////// :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

As I said in answer to the same question elsewhere - it is normal for stepper motors to make noise.

...R

its normal but my motors are not running i think there is issue with my code and i dont knw how to solve so pls watch the video and help me to fix it...

theRoBobuilder: its normal but my motors are not running

You never mentioned that in your Original Post. I have have this old-fashioned notion that "not running" is more important than "motor beeping"

You need to give us a lot more details.

• Post a link to the datasheet for your stepper motors
  • Tell us what stepper motor drivers you are using
  • How have you set the current limit on the stepper drivers
  • What stepper motor power supply are you using (volts and amps)
  • and anything else that is relevant and which you know and we don't.

These links may help Stepper Motor Basics Simple Stepper Code

If it was my problem I would try each motor in turn with my simple stepper code

...R

(deleted)

Hi, Have you got the steppers wired correctly?

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags. Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png or pdf? Can you please post a picture of your project.

WHY??? You have the project infront of you, we don't. You know how it is wired, we don't. You know how you are powering the motor and Arduino, we don't. You know how you are outputting digital logic to the stepper controller we don't.

Tom... :)

so, you connect it properly
wire it properly
use a proper driver
send it proper signals
it moves as you command
you have watched dozens of youtube videos and seen how noisy stepper motors are.

now, what was your question ?

theRoBobuilder: its normal but my motors are not running i think there is issue with my code and i dont knw how to solve so pls watch the video and help me to fix it...

I watched the video and you are correct, you have an error in your code. on the video, it looked like it might be on lines 87 or 97. and then again on lines 388 or 366.. it was hard to really see your code on the video.

if you actually want help, then you have to help us to understand your problem

remove all but one steper from that driver triple check your wiring for the one motor you want to use. put some tape on the motor shaft to make a flag.

set the driver to full steps, not micro-steps or get a proper driver like an L298

get a stand for your camera and allow it to video the shaft

send 400 pulses on what you think is the STEP pin if it does not work, then send 400 pules on what you think is the DIR pin.

post that video.

if still nothing, then send 4000 pulses on what you think is the step pin then 4,000 on what you think is the DIR pin.

if still nothing, check your motor wiring again.

the motors are getting pulsed, you can hear the motor vibrate

read how to use this forum , item #7, then post your code.

First of all thanks everyone for reply and sorry for bad english :slight_smile:

so basically i am building my own 3d printer and firstly started to test the 3d printer without making its body,now when i connect all the parts with ramps 1.4 board and using marlin firmware 1.1.9 so here’s the problem starts when i send gcodes using pronterface the all motors starts beeping without any single movement…

datasheet of my motor -
http://www.mosaic-industries.com/embedded-systems/microcontroller-projects/stepper-motors/specifications

i checked the motors few times and they are wired correctly

i am using a4988 driver and ramps1.4 board

i am using 12v 20amps 240watt power supply

The major thing that i notice is that …

In pronterface when i change feedrate x&y=150 and z=10 and testing the motors using keys it works fine but wait when i send gcode then motors again started beeping

here’s my movement code

//=============================================================================
//============================== Movement Settings ============================
//=============================================================================
// @section motion

/**
 * Default Settings
 * These settings can be reset by M502
 * Note that if EEPROM is enabled, saved values will override these.
 */

/**
 * With this option each E stepper can have its own factors for the
 * following movement settings. If fewer factors are given than the
 * total number of extruders, the last value applies to the rest.
 */
//#define DISTINCT_E_FACTORS

/**
 * Default Axis Steps Per Unit (steps/mm)
 * Override with M92
 *                                      X, Y, Z, E0 [, E1[, E2[, E3[, E4]]]]
 */
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 80, 80, 4000, 90 }

/**
 * Default Max Feed Rate (mm/s)
 * Override with M203
 */
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 50, 50, 5, 25 }

/**
 * Default Max Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
 * (Maximum start speed for accelerated moves)
 * Override with M201
 */
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1000, 1000, 100, 10000 }

/**
 * Default Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
 * Override with M204
 *   M204 P    Acceleration
 *   M204 R    Retract Acceleration
 *   M204 T    Travel Acceleration
 */
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000    // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   1000    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

/**
 * Default Jerk (mm/s)
 * Override with M205 X Y Z E
 * "Jerk" specifies the minimum speed change that requires acceleration.
 * When changing speed and direction, if the difference is less than the
 * value set here, it may happen instantaneously.
 */
#define DEFAULT_XJERK                 10.0
#define DEFAULT_YJERK                 10.0
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                  0.3
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                  5.0

/**
 * S-Curve Acceleration
 * This option eliminates vibration during printing by fitting a Bézier
 * curve to move acceleration, producing much smoother direction changes.
 * See https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki/Jerk-Controlled-Motion-Explained
 */
//#define S_CURVE_ACCELERATION

and pls tell what other detail i can give you??

theRoBobuilder: here's my movement code

Where has that code come from? If it is an extract from Marlin then it is completely unreasonable to expect people here to comment on such a complex program. Ask the Marlin people.

If it is code that you wrote yourself then please post the complete program.

Have you tried the simple code in the link I gave you to verify that the motors work?

...R

Hi,

If that is someone else code, what stepper are/do they recommend?

Can you post a picture of your project please?

Thanks.. Tom... :)

Again thanks for the quick reply and this above code is not written by me its marlin firmware 1.1.4 that i am using for my 3d printer and i changes some movement setting in marlin firmware...

ok so when i connect my printer to pronterface and testing the x,y,z axes by using x,y,z direction keys in pronterface then the motors works fine but but but when i load gcode file and send to printer then the problem starts the motor makes long and short beeping noises and sometimes the motors runs too much fast and suddenly started beeeping.....

so i made another video so pls watch this video till the end and give me any possible solution..

https://youtu.be/_iypNBREI1g

You say you don't have much knowledge of programming. If so, trying to figure out Marlin is a bit like learning to swim in the middle of the Arctic ocean.

To be honest it would probably be easier for you to write your own program from scratch.

As I said earlier, if you want help with Marlin you should ask the folks that wrote it.

...R

Where did you get the Gcode file? Is Marlin set up for measurements in inches? Is the Gcode file in inches as well?

Hi, Where are your limit switches? How do you think the printer knows where the head is located when it begins a print?

The code tries to [u]initailise the head to a start position[/u], this is located/detected by [u]limit switches on the 3D printer frame[/u].

Can you post a link to the marlin schematic, that shows how to connect everything together.

Tom... :)

ok thanks everyone for reply..

and finelly i identified the problem

the problem is that my manual pronterface keys are working but when i upload and print the gcode file all things goes wrong and motor started beeping this is because of the feedrate in the gcode file is too much fast to handle .

and new problem is arrived which is i dont know how to reduce gcode feedrate speed and i searched alot in internet but found nothing which can solve this issue

so pls sir help me if you know something which i don't.........

here is gcode file downloaded from thingiverse----->> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:477

The file in the link is an stl file. It is not gcode. The stl file must be run through a slicer program to generate the gcode. There are settings in the slicer to set the print speeds. For instance, in Slic3r, the speed settings are under the Printer Settings tab and the Speed menu selection. And in Marlin you must set the steps per mm settings correctly for your printer.

Those subjects are not Arduino related (except in a very remote way) and I suggest that you find a forum for the slicer that you are using and the Marlin firmware.

Another suggestion. Find a local maker space. Perhaps there will be someone that can help you set up your printer. Setting up a 3D printer is very hard to do remotely, over the net, as printer set up can be pretty complicated.

groundFungus: Another suggestion. Find a local maker space. Perhaps there will be someone that can help you set up your printer. Setting up a 3D printer is very hard to do remotely, over the net, as printer set up can be pretty complicated.

I agree with that.

If it is not possible then there is a great deal of useful stuff about 3D printers on YouTube.

...R