Stepper motor/driver issue...big issue

Hi guys I’m doing a project using a NEMA 17 stepper motor, a TB6600 driver and a transformer 12v 2ah.
I linked everything based on the attached schematic and…
The driver started to make a sizzling noise for about 5sec and then it turned off.
Gone.
What am I doing wrong?
Please if you have any suggestion feel free to tell me off…
Any help will be appreciated :slight_smile:

UPDATE

This morning I unplugged everything apart from the transformer…I plugged the transformer again just to double check if ithe driver was actually out of order and magically…it turned on.

???

NEMA17 only specifies the motors mounting face dimensions, nothing about electrical parameters, what are the motor's voltage and current ratings? Post a link or part number.

These links may help. Stepper Motor Basics Simple Stepper Code

If you need more help then please post a link to the datasheet for your motor.

Please display your image(s) in your post so we can see it(them) without downloading it(them). See this Simple Image Guide

...R

From the photo its clear you are using signal level dupont-connector hook up wires for the power connections.

Such wires are for a few tens of milliamps or so, not for power. They usually have unsoldered crimp connections into a tiny thin few stands, can have significant contact resistance and act as fuses if asked to pull some amps...

Get some decent wires for the power connection, your sizzling was probably one of the crimps on the tiny thin wire burning up (being a fuse).

1mm^2 copper or so will handle several amps happily, even 0.7mm diameter solid core wire (direct, not crimped connectors) should be able to handle the current reliably.

MarkT: and act as fuses if asked to pull some amps...

You mean "act as fire starters" don't you?

I don't think many they are able to handle enough current to start a fire!