Stepper motor identification and help

Hi fellow DIY’ers.

This is my first post here even though i have tinkered with arduino for quite a while…

The this other day i was given this big stepper motor by a friend of mine. Can any of you offer any insight into how i can drive this motor and if i can do it with and arduino.

Will include picture of specs. It has 4 wires but one looks like a ground wire.

Many thanks in advance…

Kind regards

Taagaard

pic of the wires

That is NOT a stepper motor, it is a 3 phase AC servomotor, you will need an industrial type drive to use it.

So no way to get ot to run with hobbyist gear.? i am willing to spend money to get it to run..
Could you perhaps point me towards info about running such a motor?

And thanks for the reply.

Images from Original Post and Reply #1 so we don't have to download them. See this Simple Image Guide

...R

Taagaard:
i am willing to spend money to get it to run..

What do you want to drive with it?

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for information?

Have you Googled the part number?

...R

Yes but i thinks it is too old, so i can't find any information online. I would just like to be able to utilise the torque of the motor i don't have to be able to control it accurately.

Have not contacted manufacturer yet as i thought i would give this forum a shot first, in my experience microcontroller tinkers know all sorts of things about stuff like this.

Hi,
There are Servo/Controller/Amplifers available, but in the 1000’s of dollars each.
m700.jpg

Tom… :slight_smile:

Taagaard:
Yes but i thinks it is too old, so i can't find any information online.

When I Googled AC-servomotor 2932.2033 the results looked promising.

...R