STEPPER MOTOR MOVEMENT CONTROLLER

PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP
I want to make a project to control stepper motor motion attached to a lead screw for gauge movement which must have some Inputs/outputs commonly known as Inputs and Outputs , may be minimum available
I also need a memory so that some programs may be saved as Project 1, Project 2 , Project 3 ….. so on whatever in minimum available and each project (Programe) can hold some cycles as memory
So actually I need a Controller, Driver of Stepper Motor of 2.5 Kg, Power Supply ,
In this project I will use a PLC of (24 Volts DC Input) for other part of the machine and from this I will take 2 outputs signals Q1 and Q2 ( 0 Volts) to be sent to CONTROLLER INPUTS SAY SW1 and SW2
PROJECT 1 (PROGRAME 1 TO BE SAVED as Programe 1)
STEP 0 (HOME) , …….up to STEP 8(LAST STEP)

When machine gauge at Step 0 , I did my work by PLC, then my PLC sends Q1 signal to input SW1 of controller to move gauge to step 1 (Distance 10 mm) and when it stop(Cycle1 complete) sends output signal O1, 24V DC to Input PLC to perform machine works at Step 1 and work is done a output signal Q1 from PLC to Controller SW1 input to move to step 2 (Distance 8 mm ) and so on up to Steps 8(Last Step) and whenever last step is reached
At last step 8 (Last Cycle) when gauge stops the controller must send OUTPUT signal O2( 2nd OUTPUT ) OF controller 24 VDC to input of PLC and my PLC do work on job and send a Signal Q2 from output of PLC to SW2 input of controller so that the motor start and move back at Step 0(Home)
Similarly PROJECT 2 ( AS PROGRAME 2 TO BE SAVED) for different length I may copy paste the code by changing distance VALUES OF GAUGE MOVEMENT.
What I mean to write IS TO GET a suitable controller to save as Project 1 and project 2 with some cycles in each Project and controller having INPUTS and OUTPUT SWITCHS.
Once machine power is on I only want to use Push Button Switches only
PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP
BASICALLY I DON’T KNOW WHICH CONTROLLER ARDUINO I SHOULD BUY, DRIVER AND POWER SUPPLY

It is likely that any Arduino will be capable. A possible problem would be if you need a very high step rate in which case a 16MHz Arduino might struggle. However I suspect that is unlikely.

I can't figure if you already have the stepper motor - if so please post a link to its datasheet. If not then the first thing is to select a motor with adequate torque for your project.

Only when you have identified the stepper motor can you identify a suitable stepper motor driver.

Apart from that I find your description of your requirement almost impossible to understand and some of your issues (such as "I also need a memory so that some programs may be saved as Project 1, Project 2 , Project 3") lead me to think that the ffirst thing you need to do is study the basics of using an Arduino. What you want to achieve will not be easy, or quick, unless you already have a solid understanding of the basics.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

Total lack of useful information, can't give any sensible advice.

Instead of wasting our time by cross posting, do spend some time reading the forum sticky, that tells you amongst others not to cross post, and what information we need for an informed reply.

@rsdhanjal

Other post/duplicate DELETED
Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: