Stepper Motor Nema 17 Sl42Sth48-1504A pulse width

Has anyone used one of these with an Arduino?

What is the minimum microsecond pulse width for them?

I have used a Nema13 stepper and a minimum micros pulse width of 40us works well with these.

But 40us does not seem to work with these steppers.

I assume they can be micro-stepped, down to a 16th of a step, in the same way as the Nema13s?

Attached is the library I have been successfully using with my Nema13 Steppers.

Stepper4Wire.cpp (8.26 KB)

Stepper4Wire.h (2.95 KB)

I managed to find this:

But I don't really know what he means by (Pulse 6400).

Pulse width of 6400 microseconds perhaps?

Any ideas?

The concept of pulse width is a matter for the stepper motor driver and NOT for the stepper motor.

What stepper motor driver are you using? A DRV8825 or A4988 will work with a pulse width of about 10 microsecs.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

Robin2:
The concept of pulse width is a matter for the stepper motor driver and NOT for the stepper motor.

What stepper motor driver are you using? A DRV8825 or A4988 will work with a pulse width of about 10 microsecs.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

Using A4988.

I don't have extensive experience with a wide range of stepper motors.

But with the 2 bipolar steppers I have played around with so far, both seem to prefer different pulse widths even with the A4988 driver.

boylesg:
But with the 2 bipolar steppers I have played around with so far, both seem to prefer different pulse widths even with the A4988 driver.

I think you must be referring to the interval between steps rather than the pulse width. An A4988 is happy with a pulse width as low as 1 microsec.

The interval between steps determines the speed of a stepper motor. If you want a motor to operate at higher speeds you will almost certainly need to accelerate it from a lower starting speed.

Have you tried and studied the code in my link?

...R

I figured out what was wrong. I had the sleep and reset pins low. When I fixed that the NEMA pulse width I had been using with the Nema13s worked with this stepper. So it must also be a Nema or else a close Chinese clone of one.

boylesg:
When I fixed that the NEMA pulse width

You have not responded to my attempt to make a distinction between the pulse width and the step interval?

...R