Stepper motor with Rev3 motor shield pin issue

Hello. I was wondering if I could get some help trying to figure out a simple "one revolution" stepper motor code. I am using the Arduino UNO and the Arduino Rev3 motor shield with a NEMA17 stepper motor. I am using the stepper.h library and the one revolution example. Everything works as advertised, but now I want to change the code from pwmA 3 and pwmB 11 to pwmA 10 and pwmB11. The goal is to use a different pin instead of pin 3 so I can use a tft touchshield on top of the rev3 motorshield. I know that pin 3 is an interrupt pin. Is that why I can't get any other pin to work? Any help would be appreciated!

Accelstepper is popular and a more modern stepper library as I understand. Never used stepper.h.
Try and post the code. Maybe the pins used is there in the init code or setup.

The shield hard wired to pins 3 and 11. See the schematic. You would have to cut trace(s) and rewire with jumper(s) to change pins.

The ancient L298 DC motor driver is not an appropriate driver for a modern bipolar stepper motors. If you want help to pick a modern driver for the motor, post a data sheet or the specifications of your stepper.

All we know from this is the size of the mounting plate. 1.7 inch.
Post a link to the stepper motor you have.
There are many that can't be used with a crappy L298 dinosaur (Arduino motor shield).
Leo..

Okay thank you for that information. I looked at the schematic but I couldn’t quite make that out. Where on the schematic does it show that it is hardwired to pins 3 and 11?

On [the schematic](file:///C:/Users/DaD/Downloads/arduino_MotorShield_Rev3-schematic.pdf) are the digital headers that have the pins 0-7 and 8-16. Here i marked the IDE pin numbers alongside the headers. You see that PWMA is wired to pin 3.

Awesome. Thank you so much for that information!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.