Stepper motors not responding to arduino UNO!!

Hey so i need some urgent help on this. I am controlling some stepper motors with my arduino UNO and via some drivers. I have all the ground, step, and direction pins on the driver correctly connected to the UNO. I tested the setup with a simple code that just runs the stepper motors but nothing is happening!!! The light on the driver is on but there is no resistance to turning on the stepper axle. It was working perfectly before when I had my power wired up via a switch on a breadbaord. All i changed was i put the power supply directly to the driver and left the switch out. What's going on :/

And note that there is no noise either. Just the power light on

Hey so i need some urgent help on this. I am controlling some stepper motors with my arduino UNO and via some drivers. I have all the ground, step, and direction pins on the driver correctly connected to the UNO. I tested the setup with a simple code that just runs the stepper motors but nothing is happening!!! The light on the driver is on but there is no resistance to turning on the stepper axle and no noise, just the driver power light is on. Is the driver broken or the motor?

PS: My other motor and driver work fine

Schematic ? (draw it on a piece of paper and take a photo of it and post that) Code ? Driver link or datasheet ? Photo of circuit ?

Hey so i need some urgent help on this

Hey a "Please" would be nice .....

How much current do the motors require and what are you using to power them?

Stomper90: PS: My other motor and driver work fine

Have you tried swapping the motor with the working one - that should tell you if its the driver or motor that's bust. (Assuming they are identical units)

This might be able to help someone troubleshoot it. When i turn the axle of the stepper motor the power light on the driver flashes on

Schematic ? (draw it on a piece of paper and take a photo of it and post that) Code ? Driver link or datasheet ? Photo of circuit ?

Are we psychic ? If you want to find out what's wrong with it , provide the requested information. Talking about it isn't going to help. We need to see how you wired it up. We need to see how you thought you wired it up. We need to know if the working motor and shield are identical to the not working motor and shield. If they are, have you swapped motors as suggested ? If they are , have you swapped shields, WITHOUT swapping the motor ? Where's the code you're running ? What are you using for a motor power supply ? What voltage is the motor power supply ? Have you taken any voltage measurements on the control pins or the motor power supply ?

This might be able to help someone troubleshoot it. When i turn the axle of the stepper motor the power light on the driver flashes on

Not without all the other information requested.

Stomper90: This might be able to help someone troubleshoot it. When i turn the axle of the stepper motor the power light on the driver flashes on

I doubt if that's mysterious: a motor and a generator are two sides of the same coin.

But does it happen for both motors?

You really should try the techniques suggested, especially the combinations of driver / stepper so as to help isolate the fault. And raschemmel makes a good point...

We need to see how you [actually] wired it up. We need to see how you thought you wired it up.

...you might have a simple wiring error. I've often stared at wiring convincing myself it's the same as the schematic, or the same as I had it last time, only to find it's not.

Using long breadboard?- on some makes the power rails are split in the middle. Does your meter say you're getting power everywhere you should be?

Cheers team, the driver was bust. But my stepper motors still arent performing too well unfortunately.

you do understand that the stepper needs steps, and lots of them and pretty fast right ?

the motors are easy to work with but the programming is a bit of a pain. you need to pulse out on the 4 pins. in sequence repetitively.

if you spin the motor, you are creating a generator, so it will light the LED .

did anyone ask you to post a schematic? since there are so many possibilities for wiring mistakes, that is a great place to start.

Stomper90: Cheers team, the driver was bust. But my stepper motors still arent performing too well unfortunately.

Ok well at least you've got some part isolated.

Are the drivers the right ones for the stepper hardware? I'm no expert (read: just about clueless) but I do know that modern motors need modern driver boards, which I believe are called choppers. If you use a non-chopper, old-school board with a motor that's expecting a chopper, then they do turn but don't perform too well.

So you should post details of the drivers and motors, and let the gurus (guri?) here tell you if they match. Better yet, from a learning pov, investigate the match between motors and drivers via their datasheets.

You have yet to identify what kind of motors or drivers you are using. This post is a complete waste of time because you have told us nothing useful

Sorry, my crystal ball is not working at the moment :cold_sweat:

Take a picture of what you, and show a simple schematic of what you have connected (a photographed pencil drawing is just fine)

Please note, that attaching pictures that are more than 1024 pixels on the long side isn't a good idea- it's completely impossible to watch such a large pics on the forum.

// Per.

Just share below details

You can post Pin out of motor driver
how did you connect arduino uno and Driver board/MOTOR
Data sheet for motor Driver.

@Stomper90, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.