stepper sketch

Hi all,im making a coil widing machine,at the moment it has just 1x nema 23 hybrid stepper working the actual winder that turns the spool with the set number of turns etc,I need to drive a 2nd small bipolar stepper to move a wire guide back and fourth to layer the windings,i have a small steper complete with a nut and threaded rod from a dlp laser projector focusing unit i want to use,i have the psu,a uno with a ver 3 cnc shield with drv 8825 drivers and some micro switches,i need to know what i have to put into the code posted to make it work,it needs to start cw until it trips a limit switch then reverse untill it hits the other switch then reverse againe,so basicaly just back and fourth,i need to be able to controll the speed as well,can anyone help?,thanks in advance.

[#include <A4988.h>
#include <BasicStepperDriver.h>
#include <DRV8825.h>
#include <DRV8834.h>
#include <DRV8880.h>
#include <MultiDriver.h>
#include <SyncDriver.h>

#include <Stepper.h>

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}/code]

Itwoul be more honest to say "I need sombody to writ me this program". Might be that the "sombody" wants some money for it to happen.

i need someone to tell me what i have to add/alter to make it work,tbh it seems the forum is leaning towards making money instead of helping ppl,sort of sad realy!!

Well, it does not look like you have done anything that would qualify you as a DIY person, did you? E.g. use googe? Read the Docs? Nop. Just "Do it for me, please".

m3vuv:

[#include <A4988.h>

#include <BasicStepperDriver.h>
#include <DRV8825.h>
#include <DRV8834.h>
#include <DRV8880.h>
#include <MultiDriver.h>
#include <SyncDriver.h>

#include <Stepper.h>

Do you know why each of these lines is in the program?

If not it might be quicker for you to ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section of the Forum for someone to write the program for you. They will probably expect to be paid.

If you wish to learn how to program yourself then I suggest you study several of the examples that come with the Arduino IDE and build your knowledge gradually.

These links may also help when you have acquired some programming skill
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

...R

tbh i find this forum a waste of time,every issue ive had ive done without help from here,just mostly seem to be a bunch of big headed unhelpfull prima donnas who are up there own asses!!,better studdying a book than wasting my time asking the majororaty of tossers on here!!

Yes, than asking here did give you a good answer, didn't it?

m3vuv:
just mostly seem to be a bunch of big headed unhelpfull prima donnas who are up there own asses!!

Regrettably this seems to be another person who prefers a grievance to a solution - you are not the first.

I asked you a very simple question about your program in Reply #4 and you have not answered it.

I also gave you links to Threads with info and programs - have you studied them carefully?

...R

m3vuv:
i need someone to tell me what i have to add/alter to make it work,tbh it seems the forum is leaning towards making money instead of helping ppl,sort of sad realy!!

You seem to want people to do everything for you, and toss your toys out the pram when told that's normally done for renumeration. There's a Gigs and Collaborations section for people who aren't willing able or experienced enough to code themselves but need such help (ie hours/days of consultation). Asking politely there would be one way to proceed. Demanding help from volunteers and then insulting them will win you zero respect or help, its childish and obnoxious.

Perhaps you are unaware of commercial consultancy rates for this sort of thing? People answer questions for free here, and there are guides to how to ask the questions efficiently too. We specifically are not here to do your work for you, we are here to help you learn. It seems you have a lot to learn.

Hi robin,im trying to get my head around them nowim playing with your test sketch for the a 4988 stepper test,i cant get my motor to run,im using a cnc sheild ver 3 with a drv8825, looks like they are compatible, Ive remaped the step and direction outputs to match the shield , but struggling to get the motor to run, your 2nd test sketch looks almost perfect for what i need, Ijust need to sort out how to vary the speed with a pot.Didnt mean to sound nasty in my previous remark but im new to this and its sending me grey!,fustration is a gross understatement!, Sorry if i upset anyone it wasnt meant,regards Paul.

m3vuv:
Hi robin,im trying to get my head around them nowim playing with your test sketch for the a 4988 stepper test,i cant get my motor to run,im using a cnc sheild ver 3 with a drv8825, looks like they are compatible, Ive remaped the step and direction outputs to match the shield , but struggling to get the motor to run,

A few things ...

• Make a simple pencil drawing showing exactly how you have everything connected and post a photo of the drawing. See this Simple Image Guide
  • Post the program that YOU have uploaded to your Arduino.
  • Post a link to the datasheet for your stepper motor
  • Give details of your motor power supply - volts and amps

I won't know until I see the datasheet but I suspect a Nema23 motor will require a more powerful stepper driver.

...R

I found the problem,the driver was u/s,the drv 8825 drivers seem to work ok with nema 23 steppers,ive had them running a mill/engraver for 2yrs+,i will order some more.