Steps per mm --> servo motor.

Hi to all.
I will buy one servo motor which is working on 3000 RPM but to gain torque and lower speed,
i will add 25:1 gearbox. After much simulation testing, this setup is the best solution and 100 RPM is the target speed. 2500 : 25 = 100.

Now, what is the best way to calculate how many turns do i need to pass distance of 50 cm at the same torque level ?

Servo motor data :
Achievable Resolution :0.450 degrees
Repeatability : 0.03 degrees.

Best regards!

Are you sure you mean a servo? Or is it just a motor that you use to design a servo system.

As motors work in rotational measure, that is degrees or radians your question does not make much sense.

It's servo motor. SDSK model from clearpath.
The reason for asking this is to calculate if i can add stronger gearbox ratio.
In my simulation i need 100 RPM to pass distance of 1 meter in 0.6 second time.
It's just a simulation so i can not confirm this...maybe i need much less ( like 60 turns )...
BTW. yea, topic text should be a bit different but now it's too late :slight_smile:

It's servo motor. SDSK model from clearpath.

Please read this:-
How to use this forum
We like clickable links here that means something, not some vague description. It is like going to the doctor and saying I have great pain, and when the doctor asks where, you say, "you search for it".

BTW. yea, topic text should be a bit different but now it's too late :slight_smile:

No it is not, just go to your first post click on more... and select edit post. You can then change thee title.

The reason for asking this is to calculate if i can add stronger gearbox ratio.

The torque goes up in exactly the same way as the speed goes down. So if you have a ten times reduction in speed you get a ten times increase in torque. A ten times increase in speed gives you a ten times reduction in torque.

A Clearpath SDSK is a motor. It goes round and round. If you put a gearbox on it it still goes round and round only slower.

The only way it will travel 50 cm is if you hold it 50 cm off the floor and drop it...unless you have some other mechanism attached to it that you have forgotten to tell us about. Maybe a wheel or pulley and line or worm gear or something?

Steve

Never mind. :blush:
Which ONE do you have?

arnix:
Hi to all.
I will buy one servo motor which is working on 3000 RPM but to gain torque and lower speed,
i will add 25:1 gearbox. After much simulation testing, this setup is the best solution and 100 RPM is the target speed. 2500 : 25 = 100.

Now, what is the best way to calculate how many turns do i need to pass distance of 50 cm at the same torque level ?

Power = linear velocity x force
Power = angular velocity x torque

So any rotary to linear motion conversion that's efficient will obey

linear velocity x force ~= angular velocity x torque

Always use SI units throughout for mechanics calculations like this, to avoid/reduce the tedium of
conversion factors. ie m/s, N, rad/s, Nm

In practice rotary to linear conversion is not 100% efficient, so you always allow a factor for this.