stk500_getsync...

I got the message stk500... after my UNO board had worked fine for some time. I read what I could find about this error (and spent a couple of days trying to get ahead). I tried with a new Atmega 328P-PU with the same result. Then I used a new UNO. I worked two times, and the I got the same message.
My Windows 7 computer has no parallel port, nor has my Vista, but as the board can be brought to work with parallel programming, my guess is, that something brakes down easily in the hardware.
Has anyone ever got an arduino to work through the serial port after the situation with stk500... ??

(deleted)

Morfar:
I got the message stk500... after my UNO board had worked fine for some time. I read what I could find about this error (and spent a couple of days trying to get ahead). I tried with a new Atmega 328P-PU with the same result. Then I used a new UNO. I worked two times, and the I got the same message.
My Windows 7 computer has no parallel port, nor has my Vista, but as the board can be brought to work with parallel programming, my guess is, that something brakes down easily in the hardware.
Has anyone ever got an arduino to work through the serial port after the situation with stk500... ??

Sounds like you need to be careful with your Uno boards.

I have two and they have never broken down.

(deleted)