stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

hi guys, i hope someone can help, my arduino mega 2560 is doing that:

-when i try to upload any sketch (even blink) i get stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding -tx isnt blinking during upload -rx blinks once for every timeout error messages (6 of them) -l (13) led is always on -on led is green

what i tried to do: - reinstalled arduino's progam -push the reset button at various time during upload time -did a successful loop back test -made sure i had the right usb firmware -made sure the correct board and connection was selected

what i use: mac os10.8

i dont know what to do, its new, came in the mail today... hope someone can help. thanks

You need to make sure you have selected the correct board under Tools->Board menu.

The error stk500_recv() indicates avrdude is trying to communicate with the board using the stk500 protocol. The 2560 uses the stk500v2 protocol.

thanks a lot, i changed the board to the other mega in the list, it has mad a difference but now i get this error message: avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer so it seams i have the right protocol now but the program still wont upload...

i tried arduino 1.5.2 beta as well... no luck.