STK600 with atmega328p

I've recently purchased the STK600 and some 32TQFP atmega328p. I'm wondering which bootloader and what fuse settings I should use so that I can solder it in and have it ready to go. My custom PCB is identical to an Arduino Duemilanove with a USB port, to FT232 converter IC, connected to the atmega328p tx/rx lines. the PCB has the external 16Mhz crystal. I simply do not have an ISP header on my PCB which is why i'm wanting to prep the 328s with my STK600. I do have the correct 32TQFP ZIF socket and routing card. Thanks!

Do you have the SCK/MISO/MOSI pins brought out to headers at all? Can always make up a breakout cable to go from the ACVR ISP programmer to those pins if needed.

I'd go with the Optiboot bootloader that is installed as part of the 1.0 IDE install.

I do have the ISP pins broken out and connected. I am able to use AVRStudio to read the chips signature. Will the optiboot bootloader work even though i'm using the FT232RL IC instead of atmega8U2 as a USB to serial converter. Also i'm not going to be burning the bootloader using the arduino IDE, i'd like to use AVRStudio, so I need to know exactly which hex file to point AVRStudio to.

If I go with the duemilanove bootloader it would be \Arduino\hardware\arduino\bootloaders\atmega\ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328.hex with the fuses set as follows: Low Fuse 0xFF High Fuse 0xDA Extended Fuse 0×05

or if I went with the optiboot bootloader it would be \Arduino\hardware\arduino\bootloaders\optiboot\optiboot_atmega328.hex with fuse settings: Low Fuse 0xFF High Fuse 0xDE Extended Fuse 0×05

Is this correct?

The Serial port doesn't care which USB/Serial adapter the signal lines go thru.

The paths to the two files look good, I don't what the High Fuse difference is.

I get an odd signature error when trying to burn the 328 bootloader on the TQFP chip, however it works fine with the DIPs. Optiboot loaded on both just fine. Now I've got to deal with the fact that I forgot to tie DTR# of my ft232rl to the m328 reset pin. Hopefully then I'll be able to upload sketches via arduino IDE. Thanks for the help!