STM32 F401RE and Nextion

Hi, I have a Nucleo F401RE and I tried to turn on a led on almost all the pins with the notation of variant.cpp and it works.
Rx and Tx correspond to D0 and D1, connected to the Nextion display to read an analog potentiometer on pin A0, or PA_0 as D46 according to notation map variant.cpp. Does not work. I tried both the arduino and Morpho pins. Nothing. Same for I2C.
any ideas?
Thank you.
chipx

I also modified the files of the libreia Nextion Itead as from the link for SMT32:

Hello Chip.

What is a Nucleo F401RE? Please explain what it is and provide a link to where you bought it or some other data about it. Maybe post a photo here.

Rx and Tx correspond to D0 and D1

If you mean you have connected the Nextion to serial port 0 on these 2 pins then that's probably not going to work on most Arduinos as these are the pins used for the USB connection.

...with the notation of variant.cpp

Please explain what this means.

Please post your code in code tags.

Hello, after reading the manual of the Nucleo F401RE
I was able to get the serial line to work. I’m trying to use the Nucleo as an Arduino. It was necessary to make some hardware changes, Solder bridges. With the SMD soldering iron and microscope I was able to make the modification. Now it works well! They could put 2 jumpers, simple.
Now I2C is missing. Someone wrote that you have to change the Arduino register with a bit shift because the Arduino is 7 bit while the Nucleus is 8 bit, but I can’t do it.
I hope that this post is useful to someone like me I have found solutions here in this forum.
Thanks

chipxx

sending work photos

2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

OK, good, glad you got it working :slight_smile:

chip_x:
Hello, after reading the manual of the Nucleo F401RE
I was able to get the serial line to work. I’m trying to use the Nucleo as an Arduino. It was necessary to make some hardware changes, Solder bridges. With the SMD soldering iron and microscope I was able to make the modification. Now it works well! They could put 2 jumpers, simple.
Now I2C is missing. Someone wrote that you have to change the Arduino register with a bit shift because the Arduino is 7 bit while the Nucleus is 8 bit, but I can’t do it.
I hope that this post is useful to someone like me I have found solutions here in this forum.
Thanks

chipxx

sending work photos

All Nucleo-64 and Nucleo-144 boards should work straight out of the box. They even receive Arduino shields.
I2C is on SDA, SCL pins. SPI is on 11-13 (like Uno). Serial works through USB.

Install the proper Core from STMicroelectronics via the Boards Manager.

David.