Stop codes from execute

Hello,

Is there a way to stop the programming from executing, until manually Reset buttom is press?

Xenia2: Hello,

Is there a way to stop the programming from executing, until manually Reset buttom is press?

Sure, place a while(1) { } statement in your sketch where you want it to stop.

Lefty

One of my sketches exhibits this behaviour for reasons still unknown. Unusual to find someone needing to do it on purpose ;)

wildbill: One of my sketches exhibits this behaviour for reasons still unknown. Unusual to find someone needing to do it on purpose ;)

I can relate to that. ;)

I am trying to build a water top-off system for the fish tank and wanted the program to "shut-down" (i.e stop the pump) when something go wrong ;)

I am trying to build a water top-off system for the fish tank and wanted the program to "shut-down" (i.e stop the pump) when something go wrong Stopping the program from doing anything and stopping the pump are two completely different tasks.

If you put code in that stops the program from doing anything, any pins that were LOW will stay LOW. Any pins that were HIGH will stay HIGH.

So, your pump that is pumping water all over the floor will continue to pump water all over the floor.

If that's what you want, post the code, and we'll help you figure out how to do that.

If it's not, you need to NOT stop the program from reading inputs, and, instead, make it aware that there is a problem (i.e. have it check some water level sensor), and have it take action to stop the problem (i.e. shut off the pump).