stop myservo.attach() from moving servo to center

I'm using the servo.h library to control a brushless motor. A pulse of 1ms is zero throttle for the motor and a pulse of 2 ms is full power.

I would like the motor to begin at zero throttle but the command "myservo.attach(9);" in the setup() loop is sending a 1.5ms pulse to the motor before the main loop() executes.

I've looked at the Servo::attach() code in the Servo.cpp file, but I don't see anyway to stop the myservo.attach() command from returning what it thinks is a servo to center position.

How can I change myservo.attach() to start at a 1 ms signal instead of a 1.5 ms signal?

I thought the library allowed you to set the range of pulse timings with one of the overloaded methods. (sorry, don't have access to the soirce @ present&

ya, you can put in “myservo.attach(pin, min, max);” where min and max is your range of angles or microseconds of pulse width, but even if you set your max less than the 1500 us center position, the myservo.attach() command will try to bring your pretend servo back to center by sending a 1.5 ms pulse width.

Here is the code behind the myservo.attach() command:

uint8_t Servo::attach(int pin, int min, int max)
{
  if(this->servoIndex < MAX_SERVOS ) {
    pinMode( pin, OUTPUT) ;                                   // set servo pin to output
    servos[this->servoIndex].Pin.nbr = pin;  
    // todo min/max check: abs(min - MIN_PULSE_WIDTH) /4 < 128 
    this->min  = (MIN_PULSE_WIDTH - min)/4; //resolution of min/max is 4 uS
    this->max  = (MAX_PULSE_WIDTH - max)/4; 
    // initialize the timer if it has not already been initialized 
    timer16_Sequence_t timer = SERVO_INDEX_TO_TIMER(servoIndex);
    if(isTimerActive(timer) == false)
      initISR(timer);    
    servos[this->servoIndex].Pin.isActive = true;  // this must be set after the check for isTimerActive
  } 
  return this->servoIndex ;
}

Is there something in here that I could modify to change the default pulse width?

I never figured out how to change myservo.attach(), but if you add a myservo.write(zero throttle) in the next line the motor never has time to spin up before going back to zero throttle.