Stop server on linux side of yun

Hi all,

So there was discussion going on this thread
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=345279.0

And since the problem turned out to be in particular with Yun, so I am posting that specific thing in Yun forum.

Steps I performed:

1. Uploaded Telnet server code on yun
  2. Client got connected to this server on yun (which is good)
  3. Now I upload the blink LED sketch on yun (so over writing the server code)
  4. But client is still able to connect to yun (even though server code does not exist anymore - which is not good)

So I think the uploading of sketch on Yun does not affect the linux side , where the server was started due to previous code. So please let me know how can I stop that server from the code ? Is there any particular command I need to issue ?

Thanks in advance.

swaroop2011:
Hi all,

So there was discussion going on this thread
client.connect(server,port) always returns true - Networking, Protocols, and Devices - Arduino Forum

And since the problem turned out to be in particular with Yun, so I am posting that specific thing in Yun forum.

Steps I performed:

1. Uploaded Telnet server code on yun
  2. Client got connected to this server on yun (which is good)
  3. Now I upload the blink LED sketch on yun (so over writing the server code)
  4. But client is still able to connect to yun (even though server code does not exist anymore - which is not good)

So I think the uploading of sketch on Yun does not affect the linux side , where the server was started due to previous code. So please let me know how can I stop that server from the code ? Is there any particular command I need to issue ?

Thanks in advance.

@swaroop2011,

I have not idea what you are trying to do, nor what is not working for you.
I understand you uploaded some sketches to the Arduino side of the Yun.
The Arduino sketches do no affect anything running on the Linux side; they interact with the Linux side.

So, what are you trying to do?
What is your final goal?
Please have your code read for uploading.

Jesse